3.07.2011

Beauty Routine

Happy Monday!  I am not big on beauty products like most girls, but have found particular items that keep my routine simple and streamlined.  I can buy most of these items at Duane Reade, Sephora and C.O. Bigelow in the West Village, those are my beauty supply staples.  Throw in probably 20 bottles of bright colored Essie Nail Polish and you have everything I use on a day-to-day basis. What are some of your 'can't live without' beauty products? Enjoy! xo
1. St. Ives Facial Scrub is my favorite face wash.  I have been using it for years and look forward to a few bottles of it every year in my stocking from my mom. She always knows the things I need and love most.
2.  C.O. Bigelow face lotion is something I CANNOT live without.  Something I only discovered when I moved to New York, it keeps my face moisturized and sun-free every single day.
3. I don't use a lof of makeup and have such a fair complexion combined with lots of freckles that its hard to find great coverage without looking too thick and messy.  Bare Minerals LIGHT is powder that doesn't cover my freckles, but keeps my face looking and feeling better.  
4.  For a little extra color, I use Bare Minerals WARMTH to brighten up my cheek bones.
5. YSL Mascara is my daytime pick.  Easy to put on, not clumpy and makes lashes look fresh. The brush is a great shape that helps lengthen the look of lashes.
6.  When I want dark, thick and almost clumpy looking lashes, Maybelline Great Lash is the most amazing thing.  It's reliable every single time to darken my eyes, especially if I am not wearing eyeliner.
7.  MAC Eyeshadows in a variety of colors.  I don't wear eyeshadow often, but when I do, I like to be color coordinated with my clothes.
8.  For days when my skin needs a little extra coverage, I dab on a bit of True Match makeup from L'Oreal and I am good to go.
9. Enjoy Texture Spray keeps my long straight hair having a bit of volume from day to night.
10.  I have more than one perfume, obviously, but Lola by Marc Jacobs is my absolute favorite.
11.  I don't wear lipstick, so I wear C.O. Bigelow natural lip balm all the time.  Feels great during these windy days in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment