3.30.2011

Getaway

I haven't been traveling much this past year, moving to NYC and getting settled here has been the bulk of my fun! However, I did manage to sneak away on two warm weather trips last summer and then just a few weeks ago.  All my experiences were amazing and I wanted to share one of them with you today, Destination: Mexico!  Hopefully these will make you dream of summer in NYC, I know I am. Enjoy! xo

The Tides, Zihuatanejo, Mexico (Image via website)

I went to The Tides last August, 2010 and had the trip of a lifetime.  The resort is tucked away on its' own private beach and every minute there was so special.  When I was there we hardly saw a soul, even though the resort was pretty full.  There aren't many rooms though and all of them are tucked away in their own cubbies so that you feel as if you have the ocean and place to yourself.  We drank tequila and layed on the beach and took trips into the small town and just relaxed in our room.  We even had a pool on our balcony, amazing!  It is a bit pricey, but what you are paying for is out of this world service, food and atmosphere.  It has even been named a Top 25 Resort in Mexico by Conde Nast Traveler.  Visit the website here.  Can't wait to check out the other Tides resort in South Beach this summer, designed by one of my favorite interior designers, Kelly Wearstler.

Here are some of my own photos from the trip:
View from our incredible balcony.

Look, our own little pool!

Private beach.  We rented WaveRunners to ride around the cove.

Eating lunch on the beach.  They set up such a cute table for you.

Every kind of tequila in the world at the Tequila Bar.  Ask for Juan, he is incredible and one of our new best friends.

Hanging lanterns in the lounge.

I made some friends, they sang me a song...taking a day trip to the little island of Ixtapa.

Incredible home cooked and fresh quesadillas, chips & salsa and beer on Ixtapa Island.

Cute Lucy, you can visit her everyday on walks to the gym at the resort. Adorable!
Photos: Me

No comments:

Post a Comment